Saturday, November 10, 2007

SAAB 9-5 Turbo Rebuild, Chapter 1

Previous Turbo Post 

This was going to be the weekend where I rebuilt my turbo. I got halfway into removing the turbo and I ran into a banjo bolt that wouldn't budge. Liquid wrench didn't help and my 12 point socket was starting to damage the bolt so I've put everything back together and will pick up some six point sockets for my 1/2inch wrench so I can give it another try.

The good news is that I think I can get to my stopping point again in half the time it took me last night... now that I know what I'm doing. What surprised me was the exhaust nuts came off  with no problem.

I also need to get a set of low profile ramps to raise the car instead of my stands. That should give me some more operating room under the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment